The Psychology of Religion in an Entangled World
Scholars in the Psychology of Religion (PoR) employ different disciplinary and methodological perspectives to study diverse topics, such as lived spirituality, religious diversity and health and wellbeing. Challenges such as globalization, climate change and shifting power structures make many of these topics increasingly complex. The PoR requires new horizons to tackle them: novel methodological tools, theoretical insights, collaborations and a critical reinterpretation and decolonization. This conference aims to bring together experts who can offer fresh perspectives to the PoR because of their unique methodological approach or (inter)disciplinary background and who will inspire the field to address today’s challenges in new ways.
We warmly invite you to contribute a paper, poster or panel
Topics can include (but are not restricted to):
- Meaning making in the face of global problems
- New methodological developments in the PoR
- Religion, spirituality, and ecology
- Multiple religiosities, secularities, and spiritualities
- Religion, spirituality and health care
- Religion, gender, and diversity
- Identity, religious groups and leadership
- Religion, extremism, and conflict
You can present your paper, poster or panel offline in Groningen, or you can submit a recording of your poster or paper presentation to be shown online and at the conference site.